What to Expect
What can you expect during a typical acupuncture session with Dr. Bronson?
- Dr. Bronson’s primary reason for using acupuncture and dry needling is to reduce pain from muscle spasms and from other painful tissue that may be restricting proper motion.
- The entire procedure only takes about 15 minutes, and you only have to expose the portions of your body that require needle placement.
- We only use sterilized and disposable needles for patient safety.
- The needle is so thin that you rarely feel anything when it is inserted, so the procedure is virtually painless.
- In some cases, a small electrical stimulator is attached to some of the needles for enhanced effect.
- When all needles are in place, the doctor allows you to lie or sit still for about 10-15 minutes in a comfortable treatment room.
- Most patients consider the treatment to be relaxing, and comment on how good they feel afterwards.
- An initial treatment program is typically six sessions.
Education & Experience
In addition to his pre-med studies as an undergraduate at the University of Texas at Austin and his 5,000+ classroom and laboratory hours at Texas Chiropractic College leading to the Doctor of Chiropractic degree, Dr. Bronson completed an intense 12-month course of study in Meridian Therapy and Acupuncture, followed by a comprehensive written and practical exam for certification in 1984. Since then, and in accordance with requirements posted by the Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners, he attends biennial re-certification courses that include modern “clean needle” technique. Dr. Bronson has performed an estimated 40,000 acupuncture procedures over the past 30 years.