Salmon Quinoa Patties
- 16 oz wild salmon fillet, skin removed
- 1 tsp olive oil plus small amount (1 Tbsp) for cooking patties
- 1/3 cup diced shallots
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay
- 1 large egg, beaten
For the salad:
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 1 1/ 4 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 loose cups baby arugula
- 1 large pink grapefruit, peeled and diced
In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, shallots, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
Place the salmon in a food processor or chopper to finely chop, transfer to a large work bowl.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the oil and saute shallots and kale. Season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until wilted and tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Transfer to the bowl with salmon along with quinoa, Dijon, Old Bay and egg. Mix to combine, then form into 5 patties, about 1/2 cup each.
Lightly heat a nonstick grill pan or skillet over medium heat with a small amount of olive oil and add the salmon patties. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, then gently flip and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
Toss the dressing with the arugula and grapefruit; divide on two or four plates. Top each salad with salmon patties.
Posted In: Healthy Recipes