King Crab Sandwich
I borrowed this recipe from Rachael Ray but modified it and made it my own.
Let's talk about the bread/bun...
Ever heard of cloud bread? Those into KETO may recognize this bread. It's a low carb bread.
It's fluffy and delicious.
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 3 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
Carefully separate egg whites from yolks. Place whites in one bowl and yolks in another.
In the bowl of egg yolks, add cream cheese and mix together with a hand mixer until well-combined.
In the bowl of egg whites, add cream of tartar and salt. Using a hand mixer, mix together at high speed until stiff peaks form.
Pouring slowly, add yolk mixture to egg whites and carefully fold in until there are no white streaks.
Spoon mixture onto prepared baking sheet about ½ to ¾ inches tall and about 5 inches apart.
(For this sandwich I spread mine long and narrow to resemble a hot dog bun.)
Ingredients for the sandwich filling:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- 1 lb. cooked king crab or lobster, cut into bite-size pieces
- Little Gem lettuce leaves or your favorite lettuce
- 2 thick-cut slices bacon— cooked until crispy, then chopped
- Quartered cherry tomatoes and finely chopped fresh chives, for garnish
In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and lemon zest.
Spread the buns with the lemon mayonnaise. Line with lettuce. Top with the king crab or lobster. Sprinkle with the bacon, tomatoes, and chives.
Posted In: Healthy Recipes